Designing has been an important part of human evolution. From drawing on cave walls to making digital paintings, we have come a long way in representing the world we see around us. From the clothes we wear to the houses we live in, design is everywhere.
What is Graphic Design?
Great businesses and innovation often begin as radical ideas that are transformed into products or services. Ideas for businesses come with a purpose, a message that needs to be conveyed to people. But, that can change over time and take on different meanings for different people. Graphic design brings together various elements of visual communication, like illustration and typography, to communicate an idea or message. A graphic designer takes your idea or message and gives it a visual form.
With the digital boom over the past decade, most of our communication takes place on digital platforms today. The internet has created new and highly competitive markets. Digital marketing is now essential for the growth of a business.
Graphic Design Professionals
With the sudden boom in e-commerce, digital marketing and graphic design have gained popularity and rightly so. When a customer goes to a shop to make a purchase, they use all their sense to compare products and take suggestions from the sales representative to make an informed decision. But, when shopping for a product or service online, the customer can only rely on what they see and read. This means that the visuals that the customer sees must immediately appeal to them. With businesses operating both online and in stores, competition has increased drastically over a short period of time. Businesses with a more attractive online presence see increase in sales. In order to do this, it is crucial to seek the services of creative agencies that hire professional graphic designers to work together with their marketing team.
The courses are designed to train the student in the elements of design along with giving them an insight into human psychology. A certified graphic designer will be well trained to use popular design software available in the market like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, GIMP, and many more. A set of design and graphic templates are often included in the software. The graphic design professional must stay up to date with the latest design software updates and techniques.
5 Reasons to Hire a Graphic Design Professional
It is becoming clear that graphic designing requires skills and in depth knowledge of the field to make a positive impact on a business. Here are 5 reasons a professional graphic designer is necessary for your business:-
- Branding – Building a brand image and brand name is essential for any business, more so on the digital platform. A graphic design professional will build it by communicating the values of your brand to the customer visually. The values of a brand will change to accommodate evolving and growing customer base. The visuals must change accordingly. A graphic designer will help with a seamless transition. Branding is important to build trust with customers.
- Lasting first Impressions – A potential customer is most likely to come across your product through advertisement or a recommendation. They are most likely to look up your website to know more. This first interaction between you, the business, and the customer is crucial to making a sale. It is important to engage and capture the interest of the customer within the first few seconds. A good design will engage the customer and convey the message of your business within those few crucial seconds.
- Consistency – A graphic designer will help maintain the visual consistency of the brand both online and in stores. The packaging of the product is as important as the design of the logo. A graphic design professional will create design and design templates especially designed for your business and target audience. These templates act as the base for your brand across platforms, continuing to effectively get your idea across to customers.
- Trends – Changing trends in the market often affect buying trends too. A designer will incorporate the trends that resonate with your brand, making it more appealing to the customer. This can be achieved with small changes to the existing design and graphic templates. A professional designer will be able to help you pick trend suited for your business.
- Stand apart from competition – An aesthetically pleasing design will help you business stand out from the competition. Human beings respond differently to different color and patterns, based on where they are placed. The graphic design professional will highlight the USPs of your products and services, giving your business an edge over your competitors.
At Avatar Studios, our team of graphic designs professionals and digital marketing experts work together to build your brand. We understand your needs and follow it up with thorough research, translating your ideas into stunning visuals to boost the growth of your business. Read more about our services on our website.
Is the design original?
Originality depends on the type of design you’re dealing with. If it’s a logo design, you better make sure it’s as unique as possible because you need to be able to trademark it and if you use a copied design or one that looks too similar to an existing design your trademark application will be rejected. If a designer creates a logo that looks similar to an existing design, does not necessarily mean that it’s copied. This is because there are some logo concepts that may be really common and possible to arrive at independently. This is why you need to do research on other designs in your market and avoid overly generic designs. Originality also means trying to include a little bit of a creativity in design, like a clever concept that evokes your brand’s services.
Designers sometimes can be sensitive about the criticism they get to their work. That’s impractical in the work environment. Even with the best listening and artistic skills, a graphic designer isn’t always going to capture a client’s vision in the first attempt. Some work must be scrapped altogether and started from a new direction. Evaluate your designer’s ability to accept criticisms and make constructive changes to the design without taking them to a personal level.
Avatar Studio is one of Best Graphic Design Company in Bangalore