The important parts of an e learning curriculum production are
- Course and content curation: Content curation is the process of curating the relevant data about a specific topic from the vast amount of content on web and presenting
it in an organized manner. The main purpose of content curation is to make it easy for the readers so that they don't have to struggle to understand the topic. Content curation keeps the readers motivated by providing them data that is specific.
The content can be in the form of articles, blogs, videos, photographs, research reports, case studies, etc. An individual who performs this activity is referred as content curator. The process of content curation includes the following steps.
Design of the instruction vis a vis Instructional Design with the course objective: Instructional design is the process of designing and delivering the learning products like online courses,
video tutorials, simulations, etc. to develop educational and training programs in a reliable manner. The main aim of instructional designing is to understand the ability of the learners, to define the
end results of the objectives. An instructional designer is the one that analyses the learning needs, uses modern learning tools and develops solution to acquire the best knowledge of an instruction/topic.
For every lesson plan/ course it is necessary to have the objectives designed so that everyone is aware about the end results and students will know what is expected from this course. The objectives of the
instruction design include the following:
- Aggregation: This is the first step that includes gathering of the data that is specific to a topic from multiple sources and storing it in single location.
- Distillation: distillation refers to filtering of the relevant data from the vast amount so that only important information is presented to the reader.
- Elevation: Elevation refers to the research of significant trends in the industry that has emerged from the online data. Researching the trend manually can be a tough task hence it needs expertise knowledge.
- Mashup: Mashup is the result of merging curated content from different sources that gives a new perspective towards the topic
- Chronological: Chronological is the method of curation that involves arranging the data according to its history. It tells how a specific topic has been evolved over the years and its progress.
Production of assets: With the digital era, E-learning is growing rapidly and the organizations are putting their best foot forward to improve the online experience for their consumers.
For today’s generation e learning is not new hence to make sure they acquire the complete knowledge and utilize the most of it there are E-learning assets available that makes the learning process effective.
These E-learning assets comes with many advantages and most importantly it keeps the learner interested, engaged, and focussed. The E-learning assets must be mobile-friendly, consistent, engaging, must encourage
micro-learning and should up to date. Following are the important e-learning assets that can make the online training a best experience.
- The instructions must include real-time examples and experiences that will keep the students interested and willingness to learn more about the instruction
- Instructions must be structured in such a way that they are easily understandable and grasped by the students.
- Instructions must be to the point and should not go beyond the actual information
- The instructional objectives must be able to describe what the learners will be able to do after the end of the course.
- The instructional objectives must be able to describe under what circumstances the performance of the learner will occur and to what point it is acceptable.
Integration and testing: As the e learning software that we develop can be used by many across the world it is important to test the software thoroughly to ensure there are no bugs/ defects in it.
Avoiding this phase can lead to disadvantages like bad user experience, customer dissatisfaction, etc. Testing can include the overall check of the software like the performance, speed of every page in the
website, usability, and most importantly the security of the software. Apart from different types of testing like functionality testing, accessibility testing, usability testing, performance testing, security
testing there is also something called positive testing and negative testing. Positive testing means to check if everything is working properly or not whereas negative testing implies finding the mistakes.
The main goal of testing an E-learning software is to check the learnability this will improve the overall user-experience.
Release: After the overall testing of the software when you are sure that the world can see your product it is time to release. But just releasing the product one fine day is not enough, as you
have worked so hard for this let the people know in advance that you are coming up with something better and that is beneficial for them and also you can set an expectation like what would the audience get
out of this curriculum this will create an excitement among the audience and they will not only wait for your product to release but they will also try your products. Hence promotions are important before
the release of the product and marketing with the correct strategy and to the target audience is equally important.
- Videos: Videos grab more attention compared to static posts hence they are trending everywhere. When it comes to E-learning videos are the most effective way to understand for people. There can be different types of videos such as explainer videos, tutorials, animation videos, whiteboard videos, subject matter interviews, screencast videos, etc.
- Audio podcasts: Audio podcasts have been gaining popularity in the recent years. Audio podcasts are the recordings that can be in series format and the users can download to use it. The advantage of these are they are convenient to listen anytime, anywhere. Different types of podcasts include monologue podcast, interview podcast, repurposed content podcast.
- Infographics: Infographics are the graphical representation that can be understood easily and quickly. They can be used to convey the complex items in the simplest form. There are two types of infographics namely static and interactive. Infographics can make any topic interesting.Apart from above there are many other e learning assets that can be used.
Depending upon the target group, the optimum amount of instruction or content or concept are chosen. It is then designed for best learning where the pace can be decided by the learner to facilitate slow learners. Sometimes the content needs gamification to incentivise learning for quick learners and those with shorter attention spans.
Assets such as videos, graphics, interactive Q & As and certifications upon the successful completion of course have to be produced. Some of them are achieved by algorithms. Most of the content in the Audio Visual form needs production.
Our studio has world class infinite wall or a green screen chroma studio to capture the best of the instructors with multiple HD and 4k cameras and hifi audio for crystal clear capture to produce the necessary assets. The team of in-house talented 2D and 3D animators create spell binding animation clips and experience for the learner.
Our development team bundle and integrate the assets, contents in the form or lessons and chapters following the blueprint from e learning design as per the technical specification of the client depending on whether the screen is an amphitheatre, or a laptop screen, led screen, lcd screen or a mobile device. The responsive design can help offer the best layout for the learning.
Upon building and testing the software, bugs can be fixed and released for beta testing the learning modules. Then it can be cleared for Quality and delivered to the client to fulfil their e learning or training needs.
The process is closed loop. Feedback from the client can be incorporated and the learning modules can be improved by using a continuous improvement and continuous development process to retainer customers.
Companies who adapt E-learning modules have saved millions in training expenditure and the efficiency and availability of training reduces human errors with long term positive impact.